MB Quart Nautic MBQX-STG5-1 Can-Am Maverick X3 tuned package
Features & Installation
Overview: The MB Quart Nautic MBQX-STG5-1 Can-Am Maverick X3 tuned package includes a GMR-LED AM/FM/BT powersports radio with Apple Control, 2 custom-fit front speaker panels, pre-loaded with a pair of 6.5" NP1-116 2-way speakers, and a pair of NPT1-116B 6-1/2" 2-way speakers, mounted in swiveling roll-cage pods. Power for the speakers is provided by an NA2-400.2 2 x 100W RMS (@4Ω) amplifier that drives the four 6-1/2" speakers, and an NA2-400.1 mono amplifier for powering the included 10" dual voice coil subwoofer that comes pre-loaded in an under-seat enclosure. The Maverick X3 package also includes pre-cut and loomed wiring harnesses that integrate all the components and are designed to fit select Can-Am Maverick X3 vehicles.
Compatibility: The MBQX-STG5-1 audio package is designed specifically for installation in 2017-up Can-Am Maverick X3 vehicles.
Installation: The MBQX-STG5-1 Can-Am Maverick X3 tuned package includes all the mounting hardware and wiring required for installation.
- Headunit: The GMR-LED radio comes pre-mounted inside the dash installation kit that's designed to fit in the X3 dash.
- Amplifiers: An amplifier mounting plate is provided for both the NA2-400.2 2-channel amp and the NA2-400.1 mono amp, allowing them to be installed against the driver's side firewall.
- Front Speakers: Two 6.5" 2-way drivers are pre-mounted into speaker installation panels that are custom designed to fit the front speaker locations of the X3. The left speaker panel includes 3 pre-cut switch openings and is Smart-Lok Differential compatible.
- Rear Speakers: Two 6.5" 2-way drivers are pre-installed into durable, weatherproof speaker pods that include roll-cage mounting hardware for both the factory roll-cage and smaller diameter aftermarket roll-cages.
- Subwoofer: A sealed subwoofer enclosure, pre-loaded with a 10" dual voice coil sub driver, can be mounted underneath the driver's front seat (recommended), but can alternately be installed under the passenger front seat as well.
- Wiring: The Maverick X3 tuned package also includes pre-cut, pre-loomed wiring harnesses designed to integrate each item, making installation much easier. Front and rear speaker wire harnesses include red & black LED wiring for use with optional illuminated speaker rings (sold separately).
Note: Some drilling into factory plastic panels and the included amp mounting plate will be required for installation.
Marine Grade Protection (IPX67): The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED meets or exceeds the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) marine electronics standards and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). It has been designed and tested against the elements and built to handle the outdoors with an IPX67 rating. Its waterproof, dust proof, snow proof, and shock proof.
3.5" Display Screen: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED marine digital media receiver features a 3.5" high-contrast LCD screen with LED backlight to view song/artist/album information (including album art) and a connected external camera (sold separately). The backlight of the display can be set to High or Low. A rotary knob and large rubberized buttons provide Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Source Select, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, Intro (10-sec), and Preset functions. The size and space of the buttons and knob also makes them easy to operate with gloves on.
Can-Am X3 Mounting: The GMR-LED headunit comes pre-installed into the included mounting bracket that's designed to fit the Can-Am X3 factory radio location.
Optional Mounting: The GMR-LED radio can be installed in other powersports vehicles, without using the included mounting bracket. The unit requires a round cutout in a bulkhead or dash for inserting the chassis, and will fit in standard 3" round gauge-style openings. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the unit in place behind the mounting surface. Or, you can secure the unit to the front of the mounting surface using four screws (not included); the pre-installed front-covers must be removed to access the screw holes.
- Chassis: 3.0" (diameter) x 3.0" (depth)
- Face-Plate: 4.9375" (w) x 4.125" (h) x 1.5" (d)
- Cutout: 3.0" (diameter) x 4.0" (depth)
- Screw Hole Spacing: 4.5" (w) x 1.625" (h)
Note: The GMR-LED features a round, gauge-style design and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Optional Wireless Remote: The optional MB Quart RF remote control (049RFREM, sold separately) provides wireless operation of the GMR-LED marine digital media receiver.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled source device. The GMR-LED supports playback of stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device. The unit will be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth source devices. You can also view song/artist/album information (including album art) on the receiver's LCD screen. The unit offers quick and easy wireless connection to your Bluetooth enabled device. When the unit powers up, it immediately connects to the last device connected. The wireless Bluetooth range is approximately 32' (10 meters).
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Port: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED is equipped with a rear-panel USB (Type-A, 2.0) port. This allows you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, like a USB thumbdrive. The unit supports audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files stored on a compatible USB thumbdrive or MSC device. The unit offers Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Intro (10-sec), and Random/Repeat playback functions; as well as song/artist/album display (including album art). The unit also charges your connected USB device (up to 0.5A).
Note: The unit's USB port does not support USB hubs, card-readers, or Android devices.
iPhone Direct Connect: The dash-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone with the cable that came with your Apple device. The GMR-LED supports audio playback, basic control (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat), song/artist/album display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device. You will continue to use your iPod/iPhone for advanced music browsing. The GMR-LED is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features: (as of 4/25/2019)
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The GMR-LED features a rear mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input on a 5" pigtail, letting you connect a portable audio player, smartphone, or tablet using a 3.5mm to RCA cable (sold separately).
AM/FM/WB Tuner: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM preset and 12 AM presets (for a total of 30 preset stations). You can select either US or European tuning. It also features a built-in weather band tuner, so you can stay up to date on the weather while you are out on the water.
- USA Frequency: FM 87.9-107.9MHz / AM 530-1710kHz
- Europe Frequency: FM 87.5-108MHz / AM522-1620kHz
- NOAA NWR Weather Band Frequency: 162.400-162.550MHz
Camera Input: The MB Quart GMR-LED is equipped with a composite video camera input and a reverse trigger wire to connect an outboard camera (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The camera input could be used for a front thermal imaging UTV camera or boat docking camera depending on the application. The unit's 3.5" LCD screen displays a clear picture of what the camera views. The camera image can be selected manually or triggered automatically. You'll need to connect the receiver's purple/white wire to a +12V reverse gear signal wire in your vehicle to automatically trigger the camera when the vehicle is put into reverse gear.
Video Output: The GMR-LED's composite video output will mirror the marine digital receiver's screen onto an external monitor. This is a useful feature to provide a secondary screen for passengers or in other zones within a larger space, such as a boat or RV.
4-Channel Speaker Output: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED digital media receiver is equipped with a 20W (RMS) / 40W (Peak) x 4ch amplifier. With quick heat dissipation the system can play loud and long for years of service.
4V/6Ch Preouts: The GMR-LED marine digital media receiver offers 4V/6Ch preouts (Front/Rear/Sub) for connecting external power amplifiers. The front & rear preouts have fade capability, while the sub preouts are non-fading.
Sub Control: The unit features a low-pass crossover and subwoofer level control to fine-tune the subwoofer preouts. The low-pass crossover can be set to 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz. You can also adjust the subwoofer level from 0-40 independent from the unit's overall volume control.
Dual Zone Control: You can setup a dual zone system on you boat by connecting the head unit's built-in amplifier to your interior cabin speakers (zone 1) and the receiver's preouts to an external amplifier and tower speakers (zone 2). You'll be able to control volume in both areas (zones) independently - the captain/passenger area and the tower speakers facing the skiers or wake surfers. The same source is played back in both zones with independent volume control for each zone.
Equalizer: The GMR-LED features an 8-band EQ to customize your listening experience. The 8-band EQ consists of 62, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 4k, 10k, and 16k Hz frequencies. You can store up to two Custom EQ Presets. If you prefer simpler sound customization, you can simply adjust the receiver's Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) from -7 to +7. The unit also offers Balance & Fader control.
Speakers & Mounts
NP1-116/Speaker Panels: The MBQX-STG5-1 includes two NP1-116 6.5" two-way, all-weather speakers, pre-installed into speaker panels designed to mount into the factory front speaker locations.
- Woofer Cone: The woofer cones are made of UV protected injection molded polypropylene.
- Mounting Gasket: Polymer gaskets are used to keep the speaker isolated from the mounting surface and improve protection from water intrusion.
- Dome Tweeter: The 1" titanium dome tweeters use waterproof, coated silk surround and are bridge mounted, rather than mounted to a pole piece, thus there is no chance of water leaking through the woofer cone.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NP1-116 drivers carry an IPX68 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 60 watts RMS (120 peak). They have a frequency response of 30Hz - 22kHz and a sensitivity of 92dB.
- Speaker Panels: The MBQX-STG5-1 system includes two durable, high-impact HDPE composite speaker mounting panels that are custom designed to install the NP1-116 speakers in place of the factory front speakers. The left speaker panel includes 3 pre-cut switch openings and is Smart-Lok Differential compatible.
NPT1-116B Speaker Pods: Two rear-mounted, weatherproof speaker pods are included that are pre-loaded with a pair of MB Quart NPT1-116B coaxial 2-way weatherproof drivers and designed specifically for Can Am X3 installations. The composite speaker pods include integrated swivel-mount brackets that can be attached to factory X3 roll-cage tubing (1.875"). Hardware is also included for mounting to smaller, aftermarket tubing (1.75").
Subwoofer: The included 10" subwoofer features a dual 4Ω voice coil design that's wired for 2Ω. The sub comes pre-mounted inside a sealed, high-impact HDPE composite enclosure that's designed to mount underneath the driver's seat (recommended), but can also be installed under the passenger side front seat. Powered by the NA2-400.1 400W amplifier, the subwoofer and enclosure combo can provide deep, powerful bass at high volume.
NA2-400.2 Amplifier: The MBQX-STG5-1 sound system includes an NA2-400.2 two-channel amplifier for driving both the front and rear pairs of 6.5" speakers. The Class-D amp can output 2 x 100w RMS @4Ω or 2 x 200 RMS @2Ω and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Mounting hardware is included for mounting the amp to the driver's side firewall of your compatible Can-Am X3. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: Two speaker output channels are provided on a 7" hardwired harness terminated with a 4-pin Molex connector.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A second 7" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
- X-Over: A 3-position slide-switch allows selection of either HP, LP, or Off. The HP and LP options include their own crossover dial with the High-pass filter allowing adjustment from 15Hz - 300Hz and the Low-pass filter adjustment ranging from 50Hz - 300Hz.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V - 0.2V.
NA2-400.1 Sub Amplifier: The MBQX-STG5-1 sound system includes an NA2-400.1 mono amplifier for driving the subwoofer's dual voice-coils. The Class-D amp outputs 400w @ 2Ω (200W @ 4Ω) and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Mounting hardware is included for mounting the amp to the driver's side firewall of your compatible Can-Am X3. The amplifier's front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: A single 2-wire subwoofer speaker output is provided on a 7" hardwired harness terminated with a 2-pin Molex connector.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A 7" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
- Wired Remote Input: A 4-pin Molex plug on a 7" harness provides the connection for the included wired remote level control. This can be mounted on the dash or console and includes a 15.5' cable for plugging into the amplifier's harness.
- LPF: A rotary low-pass filter adjustment ranges from 50Hz - 150Hz.
- Subsonic: The subsonic filter can remove frequencies below the setting amount, with a range of 15Hz-50Hz.
- Boost: A 2-way switch (0dB & 12dB) lets you apply a 12dB boost @45Hz.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V - 0.2V.