G2 THROTTLE TAMER TUBER 40-4Y-130
G2 Throttle Tamer
G2's challenge was to improve control of over-responsive power characteristics of most fuel injected motorcycles. Their solution is the throttle tamer.
The Throttle Tamer incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The pulley, or as they call it, cam, pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.
The Throttle Tamer has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This virtually eliminates the jerky throttle snatch especially evident in modern fuel injected street bikes. The radius increases or ramps up after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation required to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel
- Included cam is removable and can be replaced with alternate cams (sold separately) to fine tune control
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables
- Works with all known aftermarket cruise controls
- Slide your grip unto the Throttle Tamer
- Installs in minutes